Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Well my To Do List is hanging around

It's Wednesday already! So, when I made my To Do List for the week, I may have been a little too gung-ho. However, I've made practically all the recipes I planned for the week so far!

Let's start with the  Frozen Bananas with Greek Yogurt and Almonds
You can find the link to my Pin here, Frozen Banana Bites

I'm not a huge yogurt person, I could never stomach the taste or after-taste. But I want to like it so bad!
I remember my cousins always eating it, and they always had good flavors, like Cotton Candy. I was jealous of their liking of yogurt, but wanted to vomit every time I tried it.  So Greek Yogurt, is a little easier for me to handle.  Either that OR my taste buds are changing.  I can't eat Greek yogurt alone.  There's gotta be a bunch of stuff mixed in. I didn't have Popsicle sticks so I made them bite-size and stuck some toothpicks in them. Delicious.  Mixed the greek yogurt with cinnamon and a dash of vanilla extract, then spread that on the banana.  Then I rolled the banana in the almonds, stuck a toothpick in them and put them in the freezer.  Super easy and tasty treat.  I eat them in the morning now.  And it's been ridiculously hot here so it helps cool me off.

Next pin that I have under my belt is...Tastykitchen.com's White Cheese & Chicken Lasagna

I was a fan of this dinner.  The bf said it was good but he wouldn't be interested in having it again.  However, he felt like his opinion was biased because when I told him we were having lasagna of some sort he thought there would be a red sauce involved.  Oops.  Sorry to disappoint.  I was a fan, however, should have used a little more salt and pepper when seasoning it.  There were lots of steps and you are like a mad scientist in the kitchen while making this because you are doing step after step initially.  I will be more than happy to eat the leftovers tonight while at class.  And as my first time making a homemade lasagna I don't think I did too shabby :)

Finally, I also made the Biggest Loser Salad that I found on Pinterest.  It was super easy to make.  There isn't much to it and I am eating it for lunch today.  The dressing is definitely tasty and could see myself maybe using it as a marinade in the future or salad dressing on another salad.


If you haven't be able to tell I've been a busy girl.  I ran another 4 miles on Monday night.  Maybe a little later than I should have.  It was creepy dark out.  But I'm proud of myself for being able to up my distance.  The 5k's I will be running in will be no problem, hopefully! Also, as I mentioned it's been ridiculously hot here this week.  Like 80 something degrees in April in New Jersey is NOT normal.  I have crazy curly frizzy hair so today I opted for the bun.


Enjoy the rest of your day & until I pin again...

Frozen Banana Bites


                                                     White Cheese & Chicken Lasagna
 
   
                                                             The Biggest Loser Salad
                                                        My 85 degree work outfit
   
               
                                                                        My sad bun
Running too late

No comments:

Post a Comment