Popular Posts

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Rotisserie chicken in crockpot and some more bedroom DIY


Last night I made a rotisserie chicken in the crockpot, following this recipe from Busy Mommy.Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken here! Took some of my own photos too.  I had made this before when we first moved in a few months ago when my Dad and Stepmom came over for dinner.  It was super easy and a fan favorite then.  Needless to say, it didn't disappoint this time.
So, here are all the spice you need.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  Busy Mommy also calls for some additional/optional seasonings to make it spicier, but that's not my thing. So I stick to these.

I sprayed my crockpot with PAM.

My whole chicken was defrosted, I pulled out the little bag of goodies inside. Tossed that out. Doing this does not gross me out, at first, I had an awful picture in my head of what cleaning out a chicken or turkey would be like. But it's not as gross as imagined. However, maybe people mean it's gross when it's not in the convenient little bag. Because then it might be a little more disgusting.

My seasonings are all ready to go, you add water to make it a paste. Which looking back I could've added a little more.

Smear the paste all over the chicken, inside and out. Place the chicken in the crockpot, breast side up, and put on low for 6-7 hours. Once I hit my 6.5 hours I placed it on warm, so it didn't dry out. I also basted the chicken with the juice inside the crockpot throughout the day. Again, it was a delicious and super easy dish. And the other good thing is leftovers for salads or chicken salad!

Now, onto the crafts!

Ok, as you can tell I'm a pinterest fein. I also look in home decor magazines, see all the cute stuff they're doing and say, I can't pull that off. So I bought these letters for our bedroom, K (Kevin) and C (Chelsea). I also bought a '&' which when placed looked silly. I primed them with white paint because they were that brown cardboard color.

I originally placed them above the bed. Which sounded like a great idea 'K & C' above the bed. Looked silly. So, then I chucked the '&' and used the K and C in a collage, which I won't object to ever! I also had crafted the chalkboard in this picture. I was going to write a quote on it, "Every love story is beautiful, but mine is our favorite." I asked Kevin, do you have a quote you want to put up on the board? This was after showing him what I had done...which I always start with "I'm just playin' around with some stuff, it may be changed by the time you come home tomorrow." Well he said, how about we write messages to each other on it. Cute! So, that's what it will be. Maybe I'll share some of them.

So here is the wall collage, and underneath it is my hope chest from when I was little. I have to refinish it. I'm not quite sure the color route I want to go on this one. I was thinking a fun bright turquoise color with some antiquing? But then I thought a nice clean white wouldn't be bad either. I don't know, jury is still out on that one.


Ok, so this area is still a work in progress. Currently looking for fun bright curtains. I'll probably end up making them. I want to add in some other throw pillows. I am also trying to think of some things to place above the bed. Since 'K & C' will no longer go up there, it's back to the drawing board. I got the new lamp at Homegoods and the down comforter there as well. Lamp and throw pillow were on clearance. ($18 lamp & $12 throw pillow) The throw pillow has every color I could imagine for this room and great to pull from to accent this crap outta this place!

And here's my shopping and lunch with the girls outfit of the day. I also realized while I was driving I forgot to put my blush on. Eeeeek! So, I made due with some of my pinkish chapstick. It worked for the day.

Until I pin again...

No comments:

Post a Comment