Popular Posts

Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend recap, parties and more parties

My weekend was exhausting! On Saturday, I finished up some stuff in the bedroom redo. Then it was my bf's surprise dinner party and basketball extravaganza. He was very excited to see his brother came in from Boston for his 30th. We had a delicious Spanish meal and sangria at a restaurant not too far away with a group of 14 of his closest friends and family members. It was great! Then everyone came back to our place for some fun times and the basketball game. Kevin is a huge Michigan fan so he was excited to see them win.

We played Left, Right, Center and I drank champagne. Champagne morning headaches are not fun. Then on Sunday I had a christening for my friends baby. I told Kevin he could stay home, nurse his hangover and spend some time with his brother before he had to leave.

Once I got home, I was pooped. I napped then woke up to be super productive! I made egg salad for lunch this week and some potato salad. I was in the mood for it. I also got some reading done for school. I'm reading Redesigning Leadership by John Maeda. So far so good.

So back to my awesome and tasty potato salad. I had 4 red skinned potatoes leftover. So I cut them into chunks, and boiled them until they were soft enough to mix up. I then added a heaping tablespoon of mayo, salt, pepper to taste, some celery seed, a hard boiled egg chopped up and then crumbled some bacon on top. Mmmmmmm. It was kind of like a loaded baked potato. I could even add cheddar cheese if I want now that I think about it. The bf loved it. Super easy and quick.

Monday is back to work. Boo. Spring break flew by, but I feel like it was a very productive break. I did the bedroom. Got the second bedroom/office somewhat organized. And had an awesome bday celebration for Kevin.

This weeks to do list:

Get plants/ flowers for outside, herb garden
Make curtains for bedroom
Find mirror for above dresser in bedroom
Read, read and read some more
Grade papers
Wash my car (oops, it's really dirty)
Having origami jewelry party on Saturday

Pinterest recipes to be made this week:
White cheese & chicken lasagna
The Biggest Loser Salad
Cheddar jalapeƱo chicken burgers with guacamole
Frozen bananas with Greek yogurt almonds and cinnamon

These are the photos of the leftover mess of his 30th at our place!


No comments:

Post a Comment