Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Run ran running

Last year I gave up the gym. I know that sounds like a drastic statement. I decided that anything I do at the gym I can do at home on my own. At that time my mom and I began running outside. As many bloggers say, all you need is some running shoes and a little motivation. I agree to a certain point. I need my iPhone, headphones, armband, sometimes water bottle, head warmer, gloves....you get my point. But I'm running in 40 degree weather. My friends think I'm crazy for running, asking where do I get the time. But I never spend over an hour running. I can make time for that.
Last spring I compiled a playlist long enough for at least a 6 mile run, when my mom and I ran the bridge in Philly, a 10k.
I use the Spotify app for all my musical needs. I'm past the promotional phase so I pay $9.99 a month for unlimited access. It's awesome!

Here's my playlist:
Dirt Road Anthem Remix- Jason Aldean
This Nothin' Town - Jason Aldean
Overprotected - Britney Spears
My Prerogative - Britney Spears
Gone - NSYNC
It Makes Me Ill - NSYNC
Just Got Paid - NSYNC
Digital Get Down - NSYNC
Ride Wit Me - Nelly
E.I. - Nelly
Flap Your Wings - Nelly
Doin' It - LL Cool J
B.O.B. - Outkast
Oops - Tweet
Crazy in Love - Beyonce
Never Ever - All Saints
The Right Kind of Wrong - Coyote Ugly Soundtrack
Higher Ground - Center Stage Soundtrack
The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson
Lovestoned - Justin Timberlake
Damn Girl - Justin Timberlake
(Oh No) What You Got - Justin Timberlake
Oh Timbaland - Timbaland
What's Your Fantasy - Ludacris
Overnight Celebrity - Twists
Slow it Down - The Lumineers
The Girl - City and Colour
Let the Groove Get In - Justin Timberlake

So as you can probably see I have a random collection of musical tastes. I think when you're running its not always about fast get ya going music, sometimes you get into a zone of running where slow steady songs will do.

Some additional running songs are:

Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
Turn Me On - David Guetta
Fergalicious - Fergie
L.E.S. Artistes - Santigold
Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites - Skrillex

If you follow me on Spotify you can access my playlists.

So on Monday I set out on my longest run since the weather warmed up, and when I say warmed up I mean 50 degrees. I went on a different route than normal, to explore a little since I'm newer to the area here. I used my "Map My Run" app. If you don't have it get it. It tracks your run giving you the distance, pace and keeps records of your workouts. Even though I turned mine off at 1.5 miles by accident when I was skipping songs, I ran about 4 miles. Phew. My legs are still sore. But I will run today depending on the cold. Yesterday, if my legs were ready to I would have run, but the wind would have blown me away!

Last night I made a Pinterest recipe.

Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken

The link is above. It was a super messy prep, but tasty. I liked the honey mustard dressing it uses. I split the recipe in half, only feeding two people here. Also, I didn't have red wine vinegar so I used about a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. I was skeptic about if it would be tasty. Bf said it was! The chicken stays juicy. I made some smashed potatoes and broccoli with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment